We need you!
Awana volunteers really are the backbone of each club night and without them we would not be able to have such a wonderful ministry like Awana Clubs. Many of our leaders have been serving in Awana for over 10 years and continue to volunteer from year-to-year because of what the Lord is able to do through them.
Despite how much fun it is to volunteer in Awana, every year circumstances cause some of our leaders not to be able to return the following year which means we need new leaders to step up and fill in the gap. If you are viewing this page, then hopefully you have at least a slight curiosity about what is involved for Awana volunteers, and that is awesome! Keep reading and check out the attached videos and documents. If you have previously served in Awana, please spread the word to your friends about how wonderful it is to be an Awana leader and recruit them to help also. Contact Stephen Shier 907-209-2828 to find out more about becoming an Awana leader.
Awana volunteers really are Heroes!
Want to see more from real Awana volunteers? Check out these video clips also!
10 Reasons You Should be an Awana Leader
- Being an Awana leader gives you the perfect excuse to act like a kid yourself … after all, you’re working with kids!
- Whether intentional or not, you will begin to memorize Bible verses as you help your kids during Handbook Time.
- You get to spend time every week with other like-minded and tremendous adult and student leaders.
- You get to share a Bible verse every time someone asks you what “that Awana” on your shirt stands for.
- As a leader, you have every right to wear funny hair, pajamas out of the house, goofy hats and whatever other things you do for theme nights.
- You’ll begin to meet the parents of your Awana kids and have an opportunity to build a relationship with them as well as their child.
- Even if they passed you over for the baseball team, basketball team, soccer team or any other team, you get to coach your heart out every week during Game Time.
- You get to see the growth (physically, emotionally and spiritually) of your kids from Cubbies age on up.
- Often you’ll see that you, by being in one of the kids’ lives, made a difference.
- What you do in Awana has an eternal impact! The previous nine reasons? Just added benefits!
~Marc Fry has been involved with Awana for the past 18 years as a commander, leader, pastor, line judge, circle director, quizmaster and parent.