What are AWANA Clubs? AWANA is…
You’re Invited to ABBC Juneau’s Awana Clubs!
Who? Kids age 3 by Sept. 1 through 6th grade
What? Fun games, stories, snacks, friends, and more!
When? Wednesday evenings 6:25-8pm starting August 29, 2018
Where? Auke Bay Bible Church 11970 Glacier Highway, Juneau AK
Why? Because you don’t want to miss all the exciting activities planned for this year!
Awana Clubs Registration Form:
The 2018-19 Awana Club year begins August 29 and meets Wed. nights from 6:25-8pm. If you are new, download an Awana 2018-2019 reg form or arrive early and fill one out before club.
- Welcome Back Night – Sept 5 Newsletter
- Time Capsule Night – Sept 12 Newsletter
- Team Colors Night – Sept 19 Newsletter
- Silly Shoes Night – Sept 26 Newsletter
- Big Night – Oct 3 Newsletter
- Backpack Night – Oct 10 Newsletter
- Hilarious Hat Night – Oct 17 Newsletter
- Ruler Night – Oct 24 Newsletter
- Harvest Carnival – Oct 31 Newsletter
- Favorite Sport Night – Nov 7 Newsletter
- Fashion Disaster Night – Nov 14 Newsletter
- Topsy-turvy Night – Dec 5 Newsletter
- Crazy Hair Night – Jan 30 Newsletter
- Olympics Night – Feb 20 Newsletter
Get involved in one of the following Awana Clubs:
- Cubbies for 3- and 4-year-olds (must be three by Sept 1)
- Sparks for kindergarten through 2nd graders
- Truth & Training for 3rd-6th graders
- Trek for 6th-8th graders
More Details about AWANA:
Weekly Awana Club meetings begin with a flag ceremony, followed by game time, handbook time (where kids study and memorize Bible verses), council time (including songs and Bible stories), and a closing awards ceremony. Also, each week we have a fun theme to keep kids excited about coming and to add variety to the regular schedule.
The Auke Bay Bible Church Awana Clubs are part of Awana Clubs International, a nondenominational Christian youth organization which sponsors clubs in local churches all around the world. Awana encourages young people in social interaction, physical activities, and Bible study and memorization. The Awana clubs program also offers awards and trophies for clubbers’ achievements. The closing awards ceremony for the ABBC 2018-19 Awana Club year will be May 15, 2019.
The name AWANA is an acrostic derived from the first letters of the scriptural reminder that “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed” (II Timothy 2:15).
Truth & Training
For more information, contact Stephen or Holly Shier at 907-209-2828 or email@example.com. Check out the Theme Night Page on the church website, or visit our Facebook page to see how much fun we are having.